Sunday, January 25, 2015

Intro

Hi!  Welcome to faults of my Mom. OK, so one day, in December a couple days after we had chopped down a Christmas tree, my mom decided it was about time to put the ornaments on the tree. We were all very exited but as we reached for the ornaments to put on the tree, Mom caught us and said, "wait, we have to put the ornaments on one at a time! so we can enjoy each one at a time!"  I tried to protest but of course she didn't listen and so -Clearly VERY frustrated- I ran up to my room with a few pieces of paper, a stapler and a green sharpie marker found on my mom's desk.  I stapled the pieces and came out with this:

Displaying IMG_5162.JPG

This is what it said:

"1 Christmas season Chapter one:
Decorating Christmas tree:
The thing that makes me most mad is when my mom TRIES to make a happy peaceful setting in our house.  for example: we were decorating our Christmas tree and mom takes out one at a time, talking about each one as if it were really the most pretty, beautiful or interesting thing in the world. 

example:

MOM: This ornament I bought at Market Basket because I felt like it 
or:
MOM: This is another nylon reindeer we had on our tree when I was little. (weird!!)
PEACEFUL
     settings
in a HOME just 
    COME.
you can't make 
      them
That is the thing I try to explain to my mom. I mean, thinking back, "organized moments" mom tried to make never worked.  Kids didn't want to take pictures, we argued stuff like that. The only way to make Moments memorable is to not make your self happy. Also CRUSH the plans that you might have make and trust them,  play along with you kids it will make the moments last any way.

Sighing off 
(I mean that)

Hazel 

That is was my first post I posted in my book and I hope to type
all of these things and post them here.



















2 comments:

  1. I really like how you wrote "sighing off" perfect word to use even if you didn't mean to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super interesting hazel! It's always a challenge to balance living in the moment with appreciating/savoring the moment

    ReplyDelete